Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thoughts on UFC 162




UFC 162 is now in the books and it was a historical show. After nearly seven years as champion, Anderson Silva finally lost the UFC Middleweight Championship. Chris Weidman delivered a perfect performance while Silva did his usual arrogant stuff. I must admit, looking back it puts a smile on my face. I'll admit it, for years it made me sick how Dana White, his employees, and fans would shove Anderson Silva down my throat and other fans throats. As if that wasn't bad, White would act like you were an idiot to think otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I can go overboard in my support of Fedor but it was still annoying. Anyway, congratulations to Chris Weidman who won the title and ended the era.

I also give Frankie Edgar and Mark Munoz who returned to top form at the event a lot of credit. Both have proven they were just in slumps and their careers are far from over.

Also my favorite moment saw one of my favorites Gabriel Gonzaga not only return to his winning ways but in style as he scored the fourth fastest knockout in the history of UFC's heavyweight division. Specifically, Napao scored a nice knockout over Dave Herman in only 17 seconds.

Personally I thought 162 was one of the best UFC shows this year especially compared to their recent shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment