Thursday, July 6, 2023

Yearning The Past, Fearing The Future

Yearning The Past, Fearing The FutureNovember 9, 2012By Ryan Porzl
I yearn the pastI yearn for a certain yesterdayI fear the futureI fear an uncertain tomorrowThe past is not perfectBut there's much there I missMany people I met and missMany locations I've been to and would love to revisitMany memories I cherish that I would love to relive
The future is unpredictableWho will I meetWhere will I goWhat memories will I haveWill I have as much excitementWill I make something of myselfWill I squander an opportunityWill I seize the moment
Perhaps I fear the future for the obviousThe people I will meetThe places I will exploreThe memories I will createWill be gone one dayThey will be relics of the pastA past I missA past I can't relive 

No comments:

Post a Comment