Sunday, February 24, 2019

With the Oscars tonight, I have to say that I'm one of those who isn't for Black Panther getting a Best Picture nomination. While I haven't seen it, I can't imagine it was better than Avengers: Infinity War. That being said, I get sick and tired of people online who when they talk about superhero movies that should've been nominated, it's always the same two examples: The Dark Knight and Logan. Honestly, I found both movies entertaining but very overrated and I wouldn't consider either one to be Best Picture worthy.
Even if you do, is it too hard to find other examples? Seriously, we've had superhero films for 50 years going back to Batman '66. Let's have some variety and bring up Superman '78, Batman '89, Batman Returns, Spider-Man 2, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, or X-Men: Days of Future Past. You can disagree with me on those picks but my point is that there are other options besides those two movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment