Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Face to Face

Happy 25th to Batman Returns which in my opinion is the greatest Batman movie of all time. Michael Keaton will always be Batman while Danny DeVito and Michelle Pffeifer were also perfectly cast as Penguin and Catwoman, respectively. One of the things I loved about this movie was the imagination including The Penguin's various umbrellas, the vehicles, the penguins with missiles, and The Red Triangle Circus Gang was an excellent idea for henchmen (Sorry Chase, I know I've nagged you about these things a million times). Danny Elfman's soundtrack is one of the best in the history of movies. He really should've been nominated for an Academy Award for best original score as well as song with Face To Face. Elfman's music perfectly adds to every scene and I don't think any Batman movie has had as good a soundtrack since The Burton films. The films dark and gloomy nature was also great. I'm proud to say that this is the first Batman I saw in theaters and I've seen every live action one ever since.



No comments:

Post a Comment