Sunday, November 15, 2015

Spectre Thoughts

Saw Spectre last night and it was another fun and good James Bond movie. Daniel Craig continues to do a great job as Bond and if this is his last then it's a good one to go out on. The other major characters were great and I like how the other characters are different. Ralph Fiennes M is more active than previous Ms and does more than just sit at a desk while Ben Whishaw's Q appears more than 15 minutes and is far more active while Naomie Harris' Miss Moneypenny is also more than just a secretary who flirts with Bond. Christophe Waltz was great as Blofeld and I love some of the stuff they brought back like the scar on his eye and the white cat. It's so good to see Blofeld officially back after 44 years along with Spectre. I also loved Dave Bautista or Batista as Mr. Hinx. Being a big fan of his wrestling career, I was happy how he came off as he was in a lot of the movie and did a great job as the silent but powerful badass assassin that reminded me of a cross between Richard Kiel's Jaws and Robert Shaw's Donald "Red" Grant (especially with the latter as he and Bond fought on a train which reminded me of From Russia With Love) and I love how they left the window open for him to potentially return. I also loved how the movie tied in the previous Craig movies claiming all the villains were working for Spectre and their schemes along with the women in Bond's life dying in previous movies were all tied to Spectre. The action scenes and music were also great. What makes this movie also good was it had big shoes to fill being the one to come after Skyfall. While I have to watch both over to see which I think is great, I still enjoyed this. Definitely recommended for any Bond fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment